A Ugandan suspected to have hacked into classified Kenya
government security  systems has been detained for 15 days.

Ronald Nsale is held alongside Kenyan Morgan Kamande over allegations that they are linked to local ISIL terrorists involved in cyber terrorism.
“Intelligence reports received by ATPU shows that the respondents
could be part of a wider criminal network,” prosecutor Duncan Ondimu said.

Use of cyber space
The prosecutor said the intention of the cyber terrorists and their
sympathisers “is to illegally  access vital installations within the
country and the region to advance the course of terrorism.”

“There has been increase in the use of cyber space by ISIL terrorists
in propagating their heinous activities,” the prosecutor said.

He said ATPU has been carrying out investigations in relation to the presence of ISIL/ISIL Cyber Caliphate presence in the country and whether the hacking of computer systems of key installation,
government agencies and telecommunication service providers is linked to the presence of terror agents in the country,”

Nairobi chief magistrate Francis Andayi allowed the police to continue holding the suspects for investigations.

They were arrested on April 5 2017 outside Central police station,
Nairobi, the prosecution said.

The prosecution said the Ugandan has been sneaking in and out of the country since September 2013 and  lastly returned on March 25 this year.

“Brief investigations carried out so far has established  that Nsale
has been in communication with suspects terrorists and his immigration status is yet to be established….” Ondimu said.

Undisclosed police station

The suspects will be detained at an undisclosed police station “for
their own security,” the prosecution said.

“The respondents are being investigated for several terrorism offences including the provision of property and services for the commission o terrorist acts, giving support and collection of information for use in commission of a terrorist act,” Ondimu said.

He said the suspects associates are at large and if released on bail
may compromise investigations and the tracing of their alleged