Nation journalist Walter Menya is not yet out of the woods.
The state has sought more time to appraise us on the status of on going investigations against the writer.
A laptop and a flash disk allegedly recovered from the writer is still being analysed at the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) and his clothing is at the government analyst, the prosecution said.
Menya was arrested and later released after two days in custody on allegations that he had sought a bribe.
His lawyer Nelson Havi told the trial court that the “entire cause” against the journalist was unconstitutional.
Havi said the police had been given a day to complete investigations.
He reminded the court that items seized from Menya were obtained without a warrant and to a further retention as sought is “not only unlawful but unconstitutional.”
Havi asked the trial court to strike out the application against Menya and order a release of his personal items.
Prosecutor Daniel karuri said the items may be used as exhibits and in case released without complete analysis may prejudice investigations.
A ruling was reserved for July 3 2017.
The court had ordered Menya’s release from custody on a free bond.