By Cliff Ombeta
When a lawyer sends you a Christmas, New Year greeting…
Please accept without any obligation to do so, implied or implicit, my best wishes for a merry, jovial, spirited, mirthful, socially responsible, gender neutral, celebration of Christmas and/or holiday, practised within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice, and without prejudice to the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their option not to practice religious or secular traditions.
I convey upon you a successful, personally fulfilling recognition of the onset of the next proceeding twelve months of the generally accepted calendar year 2018, but with due respect to the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform of the wishee.
By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that:-
1. This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal at the option of the wishor.
2. This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the intellectual propriety rights of the wishor are acknowledged.
3. This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement nor guarantee the successful implementation of any of the wishes.
4. This greeting confers no rights enforceable rights in any jurisdiction and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor.
5. This greeting conveys good tidings, for a period of the next proceeding 12 months or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, or revocation of these presents, whichever comes first.
* Any references in this greeting to “the Lord”, “Father Christmas”, “Our Saviour”, “Joseph”, “the Virgin Mary”, “Shephards” “Wise men”, or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.
This greeting is made under my hand and is subject to the disclaimers hereinbefore set out.