By Justice Chacha Mwita
I have read the Notice of Motion dated 1st February 2018, the Supporting Affidavit and the annexure thereto.
I have also read the Petition and the grounds upon which it is founded.
I have equally read the Certificate of Urgency and the grounds of urgency relied on.
I am satisfied that the application and the Petition raise serious legal and constitutional issues that require the immediate attention of the Court in exercise of jurisdiction under Article 165(3)(b) of the Constitution.
I therefore make the following orders:-
1. The Application and Petition are hereby certified urgent.
2. The Application and Petition be served on the respondents immediately.
3. The respondents do file and serve responses to the petition within 14 days from the date hereof.
4. Directions on 14th February 2018.
5. Prayers (b) and (c) in the Notice of Motion dated 1st February 2018 are hereby granted until 14th February 2018.
Justice Chacha Mwita
Prayers (b) and (c) of the Motion Provide:
THAT Pending the hearing and determination of this application inter-partes a conservatory order does issue directing the Respondents to forthwith, with immediate effect, restore all television transmissions by the 1st to 3rd Interested Parties in the pendency of this Application/Petition.
THAT Pending the hearing and determination of this Petition a conservatory order does issue barring the Respondents from interfering with all television transmissions by the 1st to 3rd Respondents.